It’s the Super Bowl party time of the year when friends and families huddle up in the living room and bond (or heckle) over a good game of football. What better way to keep the spirit going than with some really tasty Super Bowl appetizers to go along with it? While Super Bowl 2017 is on, you can up your crowd-pleasing game with these six easy-to-make appetizers. These Super Bowl snacks and Super Bowl dips will surely be a hit.
Sweet-Potato Chips Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 slices wholewheat bread, ground in a food processor (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- Freshly ground black pepper
Set the oven to 500°F. Grease a baking pan with some oil, toss in the sweet potato, and mix well to coat. Arrange the slices in a single layer and add a pinch of salt. Cook until softened and browned, usually 20 minutes. Set them aside.
In the meantime, soften the butter in a large pan over medium-low heat. Add the bread crumbs and toast until golden. Next, add the Parmesan cheese, potato, and fresh ground pepper. Toss them in the crumbs to coat well.
Take a baking pan and bake until the cheese bubbles, about three minutes. Season with salt to taste.
Baked Tex-Mex Red Pepper Cheese Dip Recipe
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 3/4 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Cooking spray
Heat the oven to 325°F. Combine the ingredients Cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese, cream cheese, roasted red bell peppers, mayonnaise, cilantro, green onions, jalapeño peppers, Worcestershire sauce, dried crushed red pepper, and salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
With a cooking spray, grease a two-quart baking dish. Next, spread the cheese mixture in prepared dish and bake it for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the cheese is thoroughly cooked and bubbly.
Shanghai Spring Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- 1/2 pound unpeeled fresh shrimp
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 (8-ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) package spring roll wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Sweet chili sauce
- Lettuce leaves (optional)
Prepare the shrimps by peeling and de-veining them. You can finely chop them if desired.
Combine the shrimps with one egg, ground pork, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, minced garlic, diced green onions, minced ginger, soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix them well.
Take one tablespoon of the mixture and stuff it in the center of each spring roll wrapper. Tightly roll each wrapper over filling, and tuck both the ends securely. Lightly baste the roll with remaining egg.
Add vegetable oil to a depth of two inches into a medium skillet and put it on high heat. Gently place the spring rolls in the hot oil and let it sizzle six minutes each side or until golden. Take them out and drain the excess oil. Serve with sweet chili sauce and over lettuce leaves, if desired.
Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- 3 cups chopped rotisserie chicken
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup crumbled Blue cheese
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup hot wing sauce
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into pieces
Grease the crock pot with oil or use a non-stick spray. Stir chicken with cream cheese, mozzarella, Blue cheese, ranch dressing, wing sauce, and butter in crock pot.
Mix nicely to combine well. Cook the mixture in the crock pot on high for two to three hours. Make sure to stir occasionally. Keep a constant check on it.
Turn off the heat when cooked thoroughly. Serve warm with tortilla chips and celery sticks.
Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Pickled Okra Recipe
- 4 cups (1 lb) shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (7-oz) jar diced pimento
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced bread-and-butter pickles
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 dashes of hot sauce
- Pickled okra pods
- Smoked paprika, for garnish
Add the shredded Cheddar cheese, pimento, mayonnaise, pickles, Dijon mustard, kosher salt, garlic, ground red pepper, lemon juice, and hot sauce together and stir them in a large bowl. All the ingredients must be combined well.
Slice up the desired amount of pickled okra pods in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds from the pods. Take a spoonful of pimento cheese and fill into the okra halves. Garnish with seasonings, if desired.
Hot Crawfish Dip Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1-lb) package frozen cooked, peeled crawfish tails, thawed and undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4-oz) jar diced pimento, drained
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1 (8-oz) package cream cheese, softened
- French bread baguette slices
- Sliced green onion and chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
Soften butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Saute some green onions and bell pepper in it. Cook until the bell pepper is tender, about eight minutes. Add in crawfish with mined garlic, diced pimento, and creole for seasoning.
Cook for 10 minutes, keep stirring. Reduce the heat to low and add in cream cheese until the constituency is smooth. Cook it until it is bubbly.
Next, toast French bread slices, and serve it with the warm crawfish dip.
“Sweet-Potato Chips,” MyRecipes web site; http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/sweet-potato-chips
“Baked Tex-Mex Red Pepper Cheese Dip Recipe,” MyRecipes web site; http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/red-pepper-cheese-dip
“Shanghai Spring Rolls with Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe,” MyRecipes web site; http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/shanghai-spring-rolls-with-sweet-chili-sauce
“Pimiento Cheese-Stuffed Pickled Okra,” Southern Living web site; http://www.southernliving.com/food/holidays-occasions/super-bowl-party-appetizers/pimiento-cheese-stuffed-pickled-okra-recipe
Tillison, T., “Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe,” Tammilee Tips web site, January 13, 2014; http://www.tammileetips.com/2014/crock-pot-buffalo-chicken-dip/
“Hot Crawfish Dip,” MyRecipes web site; http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/hot-crawfish-dip