Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden have been happily married since the beginning of 2015. The secret to their marriage seems to be trips together to the grocery market. In fact, they were spotted at a Bristol Farms market in Beverly Hills on Tuesday, buying some fresh and healthy produce.
Diaz looked casual and comfortable as she strolled through the market while on her cellphone. She was wearing tight blue jeans and brown boots; her makeup was barely there, save for a pair of bright red lips.
As the author of The Longevity Book, Diaz knows a thing or two about following a nutritious diet—although it wasn’t always easy. She used to eat junk food on the regular, but she changed her habits completely by adopting a healthier lifestyle that includes many more green vegetables and vitamins. Despite her healthy food choices, Diaz sometimes likes to indulge in comfort food and Cuban food is her favorite. Let’s look at some of her favorite foods.
Healthy Food Items That Cameron Diaz Loves
- Lemon: Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C and it boosts the immune system and maintains healthy digestion. Diaz loves lemon; she uses it in her water, juices, and salads. She even tosses pasta in it. It is not only good for you, it also packs great flavor.
- Avocado: This is Diaz’s favorite food of all time. She even once said if she were stranded on a desert island, this is the one food she would take with her. She likes to eat hers with some salt and lemon.
- Brown Rice Couscous: Diaz likes to buy this in bulk and believes in eating whole grains because of their high fiber content. She also buys in bulk to make sure she doesn’t run out of healthy food, because that will keep her from ordering takeout instead.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are excellent for maintaining a healthy digestive system. They fill the gut with good bacteria so that there is less bloating and irregularity. Diaz drinks a rice-based probiotic called “Bio-K+” every day.
- Chicken Soup: Diaz loves to make “Kitchen Sink Soup” for dinner on weeknights. She uses protein and any veggies she has in her fridge to make a simple chicken stock, which leaves her with a hearty, healthy, and delicious dinner.
- Eggs: Diaz loves eggs for their versatility. She likes to fry or boil an egg and put it on top of whatever she’s eating because it boosts her protein intake. Protein is great for building and maintaining healthy muscles and keeps you fuller for longer.
- Oatmeal: Diaz believes in eating breakfast every morning because it’s the most important meal of the day. She likes to prepare a savory oatmeal bowl in the morning topped with wilted greens and eggs.
- Pasta: You might be surprised to see this on the list, but Diaz does eat pasta occasionally. Pasta aglio e olio is her favorite. Sometimes she opts for quinoa-based or whole-wheat pasta instead of white to boost the nutrient content of her meals.
- Water: Diaz drinks plenty of water to stay hydrated. She begins her day with a huge glass and drinks water throughout the day. She never leaves the house without a full bottle.
Machado, S., “Keeping things fresh! Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden are side-by-side as they hit Beverly Hills grocery store,” Daily Mail web site, December 28, 2016; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4069482/Cameron-Diaz-Benji-Madden-hit-LA-grocery-store.html, last accessed December 28, 2016.
Hoskins, H., “15 Ways to Eat and Drink Like Cameron Diaz,” MSN web site, April 22, 2016; http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodculture/15-ways-to-eat-and-drink-like-cameron-diaz/ss-BBs7TuH#image=1, last accessed December 28, 2016.