Have you heard of the paleo diet? It has become one of the most popular diets among people throughout the world, including celebrities. The paleo diet consists of eating only fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and animal protein—basically, you only eat what our caveman ancestors had access to.
The logic behind the diet is that it’s supposed to promote a healthier lifestyle by cutting out processed foods, which cause inflammation and are often found in unhealthy diets. It is meant to be a diet that promotes eating like our ancestors; cleanly and simply without dairy, gluten, and grains.
There are a lot of celebrities following the paleo diet in Hollywood. Here is a list of 10 celebrities who follow the paleo diet to stay fit. Heck, it may even convince you to try it!
1. Jessica Biel: She is known for being Justin Timberlake’s wife and her incredibly toned and athletic body, but did you know she also follows the paleo diet?
Yes, Jessica Biel is a fan and even shared with CrossFit Zone in an interview that the diet “leans you down and slims you up.”
2. Jack Osbourne: Being diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 2012, Osbourne turned to the paleo diet to manage and alleviate the symptoms of the disease.
What’s even better is that since switching to the diet, he has lost a whopping 70 pounds.
3. Megan Fox: Fox lost all her baby weight rapidly, all 23 pounds of it, by following a paleo diet.
This lifestyle choice allowed her to achieve the body she is recognized for and she has the willpower to say no to carbs, so it was no problem.
4. Tim McGraw: Since the sexy country singer stopped using drugs and alcohol, he turned his life around and got into the best shape of his life thanks to the paleo diet.
He lost a total of 40 pounds through this diet and CrossFit training, and he looks better than ever.
5. Kristin Cavallari: Former The Hills star Kristin Cavallari loves and follows the paleo diet too, and she credits her 20-pound post baby weight loss to it.
She is very strict about the food she puts into her body and even goes as far to call herself a “freak,” but the paleo diet meets her strict requirements.
6. Matthew McConaughey: Mr. McConaughey keeps his ripped and toned body and his washboard abs in mint condition by following the paleo diet. Clearly, it’s been working!
7. Miley Cyrus: Cyrus is allergic to gluten and dairy, so she adopted a Paleo diet to support her nutritional needs.
Going gluten-free was so positive for Miley that she wants everyone to experience the benefits of clearer skin and better mental and physical health.
8. Kobe Bryant: Following the paleo diet for Kobe Bryant means that he can recover more quickly from injuries and play harder on the court. He credits the diet to keeping great shape for his NBA career.
9. Uma Thurman: She’s another star that credits the paleo diet for her toned and slender figure.
Thurman totally swears by the diet—it makes her look and feel healthier as well as increasing her energy and mental clarity.
10. Bill Clinton: Clinton lost a dramatic amount of weight once he transitioned into eating a vegan diet, but more recently he has changed to a paleo diet.
According to his physician, he was not getting enough protein. Following the paleo diet has helped him consume more protein and still stay healthy.
The Paleo diet is not just a celebrity diet—it’s a diet that promotes optimal fitness and healthy eating.
Cooper, S., “15 Celebrities You Didn’t Know Were Paleo” Spoon University website; May, 17, 2016; http://spoonuniversity.com/news/15-celebrities-you-didnt-know-were-paleo; last accessed November 23, 2016.