Chrissy Teigen is a smoldering model who is known for appearing in magazines like Sports Illustrated, but have you ever wondered what her diet secrets are? We’ve discovered some of the new mom and self-professed foodie’s diet, workout, and cooking tips so we can follow in her footsteps, since the gal knows a thing or two about staying fit.
Chrissy Teigen’s Diet Secrets
Teigen is in love with food. She even has her own food blog, sodelushious.com, where she posts tons of diet advice and recipes for her fans, or for anyone who is looking for some cooking inspiration. The beautiful model shared in an interview with Shape magazine some of her favorite foods that are healthy, packed with great vitamins, minerals and protein, and taste amazing. Some of these foods in the Chrissy Teigen diet include:
- Eggs in any form for breakfast: over easy, hard boiled, or as an omelette. She has to have eggs in the morning and Teigen never skips the most important meal of the day!
- Creamy avocados: this is a snack packed with healthy fats and can be eaten alone (with a touch of salt and pepper, as Teigen likes to eat them) or in salads or sandwiches.
- Tuna salad: an excellent source of omega-3, tuna can be added on top of a green salad. Wondering how to dress your tuna? Teigen likes to add a touch of mayonnaise and “lots of Dijon mustard.” Yum!
- Green juices: green juices may appear to be a fad, but they are actually extremely healthy for us because they are packed with fiber and loads of vitamins and minerals that our body needs. Teigen loves them, too, and she tends to go for the ones that are loaded with greens and contain less apple, opting to stay away from anything too sweet.
- Seaweed snacks: the next time you have a craving, grab some seaweed snacks. Teigen says this is her go-to snack when she craves salty chips. They have the same crunch with much fewer calories and contain trace minerals that are excellent for us. There are tons of flavors but her favorite is wasabi. This woman is spicy!
- Sashimi: this may be unexpected, but Teigen loves—and we mean loves—sashimi as a healthy snack. Sometimes she will buy up to six pieces per day and eat them wrapped in her seaweed snacks. Her favorite is tuna sashimi, a food packed with omega-3, which is great for improving mood, memory, and heart health.
- Cashews and almonds: Teigen loves raw almonds with no salt and roasted cashews with salt. She knows salt isn’t the healthiest ingredient, but she says we can’t be perfect all the time. Sounds like this is her cheat snack, and we love her for being real about it!
Chrissy Teigen’s Cookbook, Cooking Tips and Recipes
In case you didn’t know, Teigen is the author of her own cookbook called Cravings, which she released in February 2016. It was highly anticipated because she already had a blog with tons of “foodspiration” and an Instagram account that was mostly devoted to showing off some of the top Chrissy Teigen recipes.
It’s clear in the introduction that the Chrissy Teigen cookbook isn’t about offering diet tips on how to get a killer bikini bod. It’s more about recipes and foods that Teigen craves and likes to indulge in, especially with family and friends.
Some of the recipes that she has featured on her Instagram account include jalapeno-chip tuna casserole, spicy beef soup with smashed potatoes, grilled cheese with brie, peaches and sweet chili, parmesan-panko zucchini fries with spicy mayo, and spicy zucchini-noodle pasta with basil and parmesan.
Wow, is anybody else hungry? We can see how the model took care of any pregnancy cravings—the Chrissy Teigen cooking tips and recipes in her cookbook show she really knows what she likes.
What Did Chrissy Teigen Eat While Pregnant?
Teigen became a proud mom to daughter Luna with her husband, famous singer-songwriter John Legend, in April. The supermodel often posted pictures of herself while pregnant on Instagram and got some heat for it, mainly due to some of her food choices.
All the shaming didn’t bother Teigen one bit, and she stood up for herself with biting sarcasm. One photo got people wondering if the Chrissy Teigen baby was being put at risk because the model was seen posing with some sugary cereal. But hey, everyone deserves a cheat day—especially a pregnant mom! And what pregnant mother doesn’t experience cravings for unhealthy foods?
The thing is, Teigen made a lot of healthy food choices during her pregnancy, like snacking on delicious “Unreal” candy, which is an alternative candy-like snack that is actually healthy for you. Most Unreal products are free of gluten, corn, and soy and have less sugar than generic candy found in stores.
They’re also non-GMO and sometimes organic, and they are supposed to taste great. So there’s no need to shame Teigen, and who are we to judge? We love Teigen for listening to what her body needed while pregnant and choosing healthier alternative foods when she could.
Does Chrissy Work Out?
Teigen has admitted that she loves to indulge in the foods she craves, but she is a model after all, and that means she must do her best to stay in shape for her job. So what are some of her workout tips and secrets? How does she keep in such great shape while still eating all the foods she loves to enjoy with her friends and family?
Here is a glance at the Chrissy Teigen workout:
- Tricep shredder: 10 reps for both arms
- Core strengthener: 20 reps
- Pony kick: 30 reps with each leg
- Free run: jumping rope when not pregnant and doing low-impact cardio when she was
It’s safe to say that Chrissy Teigen is a relatable woman. She is down to earth and incredibly funny, as evident on the Chrissy Teigen Twitter and Instagram accounts. Teigen’s diet secrets are ones that anyone can follow and that’s what makes us love her so much! She gets that life is meant to be enjoyed and appreciates her time with family and friends, enjoying the fruits of her labor.
With her cookbook, Cravings, all devoted foodies can share her passion for delicious and mouth-watering foods. What’s even better is that Teigen balances those indulgences with the healthy diet foods mentioned above and a workout to stay in good shape. We love a woman who keeps it real with a sense of humor!
Aldridge, K., “What Chrissy Teigen Eats (Almost) Every Day,” Shape web site; http://www.shape.com/celebrities/interviews/what-chrissy-teigen-eats-almost-every-day, last accessed July 26, 2016.
Laurie, K., “25 Chrissy Teigen Recipes We Look Forward to Trying Now That Her Cookbook ‘Cravings’ is Available,” Celebuzz web site, February 23, 2016; http://www.celebuzz.com/2016-02-23/25-chrissy-teigen-cookbook-recipes-cravings-instagram-food-photos/, last accessed July 26, 2016.
Baardsen, D., “Chrissy Teigen Shares Pregnancy Diet Hacks,” Fit Pregnancy and Baby web site; http://www.fitpregnancy.com/nutrition/chrissy-teigen-shares-pregnancy-diet-hacks, last accessed July 26, 2016.
“100% Real UNREAL,” Unreal web site; http://www.getunreal.com/, last accessed July 26, 2016.
Sandell, L., “4 Workout Moves Chrissy Teigen Does To Stay In Kick-Butt Shape,” Self web site, March 15, 2016; http://www.self.com/fitness/2016/03/4-workout-moves-chrissy-teigen-does-to-stay-in-kick-butt-shape/, last accessed July 26, 2016.