Chrissy Teigen’s cookbook titled “Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat” is not just any celebrity cookbook. She is serious about cooking, and all of the recipes are tested and prepared by her. Teigen even wrote the book herself (whereas other celebrity cookbooks have a ghostwriter or co-author).
“I didn’t want it to be a celebrity cookbook where you’re not sure if they really cook or if they just put their name on something,” explained Teigen. “I wanted people to know that these are really the recipes that we love at home.”
The 30-year-old Sports Illustrated swimsuit model is also a trained chef who brings honesty and humor in the kitchen.
Many of the model’s recipes are beloved by her 7.3 million Instagram followers:
Photos in her cookbook even feature Chrissy Teigen eating breakfast sandwiches in bed with hubbie John Legend. The cookbook is an honest interpretation of the foods and home-cooked meals that the model loves and eats.
The cookbook features a variety of healthy, easy-to-prepare recipes to satisfy most cravings. It includes different sections like Soupmaster, Salads, Vegetable Things, Noodles and Carbs, and Breakfast All Day. Each recipe is also introduced with first-person descriptions and funny anecdotes from Chrissy Teigen.
Chrissy Teigen’s Recipe for Lemony Arugula Spaghetti Cacio e Pepe
One of Chrissy Teigen’s top five recipes in the book is the lemony arugula spaghetti cacio e pepe. Check out the recipe below:
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces of dried spaghetti
- 1/4 pound of bacon or pancetta, finely diced
- 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. of minced garlic
- 1 tsp. of red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp. of freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups of freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 3 cups of baby arugula
- Cook the spaghetti al dente in a large pot of heavily salted boiling water, and reserve one cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon or pancetta or medium-high heat, which is about seven to nine minutes. Next, add the olive oil, red pepper flakes, garlic, and black pepper, and cook for about a minute.
- Finally, add the lemon juice to the skillet, put in the pasta, and mix it together. Add the cheese, and pasta water at a couple tablespoons each time. Add the arugula and toss until it wilts for about a minute. Season with more red pepper flakes, black pepper, and salt.
Chrissy Teigen loved to standout—not just as a model—but as a bona fide cook who can prepare recipes to satisfy many cravings.
Sources for Today’s Article:
Dixler, H., “Chrissy Teigen’s ‘Cravings’ and the Search for Cookbook Credibility,” Eater website, Feb. 22, 2016; http://www.eater.com/2016/2/22/11054940/chrissy-teigen-cookbook-cravings-preview-recipes.
Cullum, E., “Is Chrissy Teigen’s New Cookbook Worth All the Hype? Popsugar website, March 28, 2016; http://www.popsugar.com/food/Chrissy-Teigen-Cookbook-Review-40291776/.
Cullum, E., “Chrissy Teigen Says Cacio e Pepe Conquers All, and Her Recipe Proves It,” Popsugar website, June 23, 2016; http://www.popsugar.com/food/Lemony-Arugula-Spaghetti-Cacio-e-Pepe-Recipe-40305741.