Chrissy Teigen’s new cookbook, Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat, is packed with delicious recipes that anybody can make (and really has food you want to eat). She originally wanted to be a chef, but then the modeling bug bit her. Although she decided to pursue that path, her love of cooking good food was never far from her heart or mind.
Chrissy Teigen’s recipes are accessible and filled with many options, including low-carb, carb (Called the “Noodles and Carb” section), chicken, and desserts. She doesn’t follow any set diet and it is easily seen in the array of foods she presents to readers. Her goal was to not create a celebrity cookbook, but rather to provide readers with real recipes she and her family actually prepare and eat at home.
Chrissy Teigen’s Kitchen Hacks
Teigen loves Instagram and spends a great deal of time promoting her recipes on it, but she also offers some really valuable kitchen hacks for her fans. Below are five useful hacks for even the most beginner cook.
- Boil your egg for six minutes to get the perfect consistency. She even went as far as to create a picture to show the difference a few minutes makes in the perfection, or there lack of, in the humble boiled egg.
- When roasting potatoes, heat the olive oil in a pan before pouring the oil on the potatoes. This will avoid having to let the oil heat up in the oven and get the cooking process happening sooner.
- Cut up zucchini in long strips and coat in panko breadcrumbs for guilt-free fries. Panko is a Japanese style breadcrumb that can be found in most grocery stores.
- Here’s a good Thanksgiving hack: mix butter with fresh herbs and rub it all over your turkey and even under the skin.
- Teigen has quite a few chicken recipes, which is no surprise since it is a lean protein. Her hack for chicken is to use all dark meat for the most flavorful chicken. White meat tends to be drier, and dark meat is far more moist.
Chrissy Teigen’s Cookbook’s Top Recipes
These tasty cookbook recipes were shared by Teigen herself via Instagram.
Chinese Chicken Salad. This is one of Teigen’s favorite “green things” from her cookbook.
Sriracha Caesar Salad. She made this for a “team Teigen” meeting.
Lemon Cacio e Pepe Spaghetti, which Teigen says is “so cheeeeeeesy.”
She does prep many low carb recipes, but there are certainly a good handful of delicious pasta recipes in the book as well. A whole section, actually.
Pasta Alla Norma
Lemon Arugula Cacio e Pepe. One of Teigen’s personal favorites from the cookbook. Some of the ingredients include pancetta, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, red pepper flakes, black pepper, parmesan, and arugula.
Teigen’s husband, award-winning musician John Legend, also got in on the cookbook action. Below are the ingredients needed to make John’s Tuscan Brick Chicken with Charred Lemons.
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Grated zest of 2 lemons, plus 2 skin-on lemons
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken leg quarters
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
And you will literally need two bricks. Teigen says you can buy them for a buck at the Home Depot.
Cullum, E., “Is Chrissy Teigen’s New Cookbook Worth All the Hype?” Popsugar web site, March 28, 2016; http://www.popsugar.com/food/Chrissy-Teigen-Cookbook-Review-40291776, last accessed August 24, 2016.
Cullum, E., “The 20 Best Kitchen Hacks From Chrissy Teigen,” Popsugar web site, June 22, 2016; http://www.popsugar.com/food/Chrissy-Teigen-Cooking-Tips-40137970/#photo-40137970, last accessed August 24, 2016.