Fergie, singer and songwriter of “The Black Eyed Peas” fame, has never seemed to have a huge problem with pregnancy weight.
Being in great shape has naturally been a part of her lifestyle—after all, Fergie works out on a regular basis to remain in shape when on tour.
The 41-year-old Grammy winner, who is currently working on her second solo album “Double Dutchess,” has kept a relatively low profile with her husband, actor Josh Duhamel, especially after the couple gave birth to their son Axl in the summer of 2013.
What are Fergie’s secrets to her bikini fitness body?
Her exercises include yoga and cardio workouts (such as running and hiking). She can also be found jogging with her hubbie.
Fergie has followed a mostly vegetarian diet for a number of years now, and she enjoys juicing and making smoothies. Her favorite juice recipe includes broccoli, spinach, kale, pears, and apples.
What Food Does Fergie Love?
Fergie’s diet is low in processed food and mostly consists of plant-based foods. To keep her metabolism up, Fergie allegedly eats every three hours. In Los Angeles, she uses a meal delivery service called ‘Diet Designs’.
- Breakfast: The singer’s breakfast may include a six-egg omelet with salsa and hot sauce, and two slices of whole grain toast with butter.
- Snacks: A mid-day snack would be a Kashi bar and flaxseed rice crackers with light organic cheese.
- Lunch: Lunch is a grapefruit, a quarter of an avocado, and some shredded chicken. An evening snack may include vegetable soup, carrots, and a cup of popcorn with almonds.
- Pre-dinner: Before dinner she may eat plain organic yogurt with granola, cottage cheese, and berries.
- Dinner: Dinner will then include salmon, couscous, and vegetables with honey Dijon.
Smoothie Recipe That Fergie Enjoys!
What to try a smoothie recipe that Fergie enjoys? The following is a recipe from Fergie’s celebrity nutritionist Kim Snyder. Make sure to use all organic ingredients to avoid pesticides and other exposure to chemicals.
- 1 1/2 cups of filtered water
- 1 chopped head of romaine lettuce
- 3/4 handful of spinach
- 1 cored pear
- 1 cored apple
- 3-4 celery stalks
- 1/3 bunch of cilantro
- 1/3 bunch of parsley
- 1 banana
- Juice from half a lemon
- Combine water, lettuce, spinach, apple, pear, and celery in a blender.
- After it’s blended, add cilantro and parsley, then toss in the banana pieces and lemon juice.
Although Fergie loves juicing and her diet is healthy, Fergie will cheat on her diet from time-to-time. For instance, the pop star dines at various restaurants and bars with her husband, and enjoys certain delicacies, including black or white truffles or grilled corn on the cob.
Sources for Today’s Article:
Chang, S., “Fergie Is A MILF: Vegetarian Diet and Belly Dance Yoga Workouts Are Weight Loss Secrets,” Celebrity Health and Fitness website, June 28, 2016; http://www.celebrityhealthfitness.com/38646/fergie-milf-vegetarian-diet-cardio-exercise-keep-hot/.
Bulow, A., “How Fergie Cheats on Her Diet,” Food & Wine website; http://www.foodandwine.com/articles/fergie-black-eyed-peas-favorite-restaurants, last accessed June 29, 2016.
Siegel, E., “Fergie’s Nutritionist Shares Her Top Diet Tips & Detox Smoothie,” The Beauty Expert Allure website, July 13, 2011; http://www.allure.com/beauty-trends/blogs/daily-beauty-reporter/2011/07/fergies-nutritionist-shares-her-top-diet-tips-detox-smoothie.html.