We had a dinner party recently, and sometimes I like to plan them around a specific theme. For this dinner with dear friends, I wanted to take them to Greece. We made a grilled Greek chicken recipe that my husband and I used to make all the time after our visits to Santorini. You take a whole chicken and, under the skin, stuff slices of tomatoes covered with dried oregano, sliced onions, and thin slices of feta cheese.
Grill it with a lemon-based sauce and voila, you’re in Greece. They do this all over Santorini, on the streets, outside of small restaurants, and everything is so fresh and good.
Serve it with a simple Greek tomato and cucumber salad and you are set. Try it—it’s delicious!
Greek Salad Recipe
- 2–3 Large tomatoes, preferably heirloom, cut in large chunks
- 1/2 of a large red onion, cut in 1/2" chunks
- 1 1/2 hothouse cucumbers, peeled, halved lengthwise and cut in 1/2
- 1/2 cup of Kalamata black olives, pitted, cut in half
- Greek feta cheese, crumbled in large pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh ground pepper
- Chopped fresh oregano leaves
|Place tomatoes, red onion, cucumbers, olives, and feta cheese in a large bowl.|
|Drizzle with the best olive oil you have and a few splashes of red wine vinegar.|
|Sprinkle with a little salt (the feta will be salty, so not too much), fresh pepper, and two-thirds of your chopped oregano leaves.|
|Toss lightly to combine.|
|Garnish the top with more oregano leaves and serve with LOVE!|
© 2013 LOVE – the secret ingredient™