For many people, dinner is a rushed meal. After you get home from work, pick up your kids from school, or run errands, the last thing you want to do is prepare an extravagant meal.
But the problem is that not eating a healthy dinner can cause you to overeat way into the evening.
That’s why I try to plan my dinners in advance and try to choose heart-healthy dinners to keep me full and satisfied.
This is one of my favorite healthy dinner recipes, because you get some protein and lots of vegetables—and it’s easy to prepare.
Grilled Seafood Salad Recipe
- 1 lb of shrimp
- 1 lb of scallops
- 1-2 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 cup of green onion or scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup of parsley, chopped
- Mixed fresh greens, assorted vegetables
- 1/4 cup of low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of non-fat yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cumin
- Sea salt and pepper
|Mix the oil and garlic together and brush on the seafood.|
|Place the seafood on a medium-heat grill while turning until brown.|
|Combine onion and parsley with mayo, yogurt, and spices and mix well.|
|To make the dressing, combine the mayo, yogurt, curry powder, cumin, sea salt, and pepper.|
|Place the grilled seafood over the bed of mixed greens and place the dressing on top.|