Katherine Heigl recently shared a delicious looking casserole recipe on her Instagram account – and it looks so good, we want some!
Katherine Heigl’s Instagram account regularly includes delicious recipes and her fans can’t seem to get enough. On her end Heigl also shares the casserole recipe on her Heavenly Days website. Heigl got inspired to create the casserole from blogger Gina Gomulka, and her site Skinnytaste. Heigl just changed a few things around to shake things up – variety is the spice of life, after all.
Inspiration and Some of Heigl’s Favorite Recipes
Katherine Heigl is stunning, sexy and funny and she has warmed hearts through various performances in romantic comedies like Knocked Up, The Ugly Truth and 27 Dresses. She also starred in the wildly popular TV drama, Grey’s Anatomy.
Did you also know that Heigl loves food? She really does, and if anyone knows about the pressures and difficulties of enjoying delicious food and trying to keep a good figure, it would be her. She is extremely familiar with being in the spotlight and knows how hard it can be under in the public eye.
However, it was much harder when Heigl was sans children. Now, with her recent pregnancy joy—the sultry actress already has two beautiful adopted children—she knows that filling her stomach with nutritional food is even more important because she’s eating for two. That is a major reason why the actress has kind of turned into a domestic goddess. Here we will share two of her very favorite recipes.
Katherine Heigl’s Favorite Recipes
Now that Heigl’s pregnant, the beautiful blonde actress is going to be hungry – and when a craving calls, she is going to want to put healthy food into her body. Here are a few of Heigl’s favorite recipes that she shared with the Today Show:
Katherine Heigl’s Brie Tomato Pasta
(Heigl shared this recipe on the Today Show)
- 4 ripe tomatoes cut into ½-inch cubes (can also use 1 28-ounce can of peeled tomatoes, drained and chopped)
- 1 pound brie cheese (rind removed), cut into pieces
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and finely minced
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds linguine, spaghetti, or any pasta you prefer
- Put the brie in the freezer for about 20 minutes. This makes it easier to remove the rind and cut up. Combine tomatoes, brie, basil, garlic, olive oil and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Let sit at least 2 hours and up to 8 hours at room temperature.
- Cook pasta to just al dente. Strain and toss into brie tomato bowl. Fold everything together until well combined and the brie has begun to melt. Serve immediately.
Katherine Heigl’s Cheeseburger Casserole Reboot
(Original Recipe by Gina Gomulka | Recipe from Heigl’s Heavenly Days website)
- 2 cups (6 oz.) uncooked macaroni pasta
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef (95% lean)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsp. tomato paste
- Two 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp. adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 tbsp. Mustard (I used Weber’s Brand which my aunt gets her sister’s to send her from Buffalo NY)
- 4 cups reduced-fat grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the macaroni until al dente and drain. Rinse the cooked pasta with cold water to stop it from continuing to cook.
- In a large dutch oven heat the oil over medium high heat.
- Turn the heat down to medium low and add the onions cooking for about 3-5 minutes until they’re soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic and sauté another minute being careful not to burn. Add the beef and cook until the meat has browned.
- Now for all your fun seasoning! Add the liquid smoke, chili powder and adobo seasoning and let simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Add the cans of tomatoes, tomato paste and mustard of your choosing, stirring well to combine.
- Let the mixture simmer for another 5-10 minutes allowing the flavors to really meld and blend with the meat.
- Remove the dutch oven from the heat and add the macaroni stirring it into the meat mixture until well incorporated.
- Top the casserole off with the shredded cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is fully melted. Serve warm and enjoy!
Katherine Heigl Instagram; July 22, 2016; https://www.instagram.com/p/BH5sQnrgu3-/?hl=en; last accessed July 29, 2016.
Heigl, K., “Cheeseburger Casserole Reboot” Heavenly Days website; July, 15, 2016; http://thoseheavenlydays.com/; last accessed July 29, 2016.
Heigl, K., “Katherine Heigl shares her fave summer pasta recipe and it’s so easy!” TODAY Food website; May, 12, 2015 @ 1:53pm; http://www.today.com/food/try-katherine-heigls-easy-summer-pasta-recipe-t20486; last accessed July 29, 2016.