Katy Perry is a California girl we would love to spend a day with because she is so super fit and she seems like such a cool chick! If you are wondering what her secret is to looking so good, it is: The 5 Factor Diet by Harley Pasternak.
Now, it’s not common for Katy Perry to binge eat on unhealthy foods or sugary things. This fierce woman is big on healthy food and exercise. Her trainer, Harley Pasternak shares that some of her favorite foods are fresh vegetables, such as spinach, organic fruit (e.g. pineapple), low fat meals that contain good fats (e.g. Omega 3’s), granola for breakfast and a veggie-filled plate with some couscous for dinner.
The singer loads up on vitamins and minerals through her meals and via supplements and is pretty certain she wouldn’t get sick because of not eating right. She is also big on fitness and exercising five days per week with her trainer.
One of her favorite ways to burn calories is by jumping rope! She also enjoys cycling, hip thrusts and lunges and other short but high intensity workouts which she mostly performs outdoors. Of course, not every day is going to be perfect and there are some days when this vixen wants to indulge, but she actually opts for things like fresh juices, coconut water and tangerines instead of junk food. She also follows the 5 Factor Diet to maintain her figure and that involves eating five small meals a day. This method helps the body’s metabolism to stay steady and burn as many calories that you take in. The diet also has one cheat day a week, but typically the meals include grilled chicken, delicious soups and healthy quinoa.
Harley Pasternak’s 5 Factor Diet Tips for Celebrities like Katy Perry
Harley Pasternak is a sought-after personal trainer who has worked with celebrities like Lady Gaga, Halle Berry, Jessica Simpson, Eva Mendes, Alicia Keys, Robert Pattison and Robert Downey Jr.
Pasternak reportedly helped them with their workout plans and diet tips to get their bodies ripped and looking amazing! He is author of the books The Reset Diet and The Five Factor Diet which are both New York Times bestsellers. He is in such demand that Katy Perry allegedly sought his advice – he is the expert in getting a great shape! The great thing about the 5 Factor Diet is that it gives clear guideline about food choices that will keep you on the right track, as well as exercises to follow.
The 5 Factor Diet foods consist of the following:
- Low fat and high protein foods; chicken breast, seafood, cottage cheese, fish, salmon and low fat milk
- Low and moderate carbs like sweet potato, lentils, oatmeal, quinoa, wild rice and spinach
- Good healthy fats like grape seed oil, canola oil, olive and mustard oils
- High fiber foods such as brown rice, apples, beans, broccoli, whole grain cereal and flourless wheat bread
- Drinks with no sugar, such as sugar free coffee and tea, and lots of pure water
The five exercises suggested in the 5 Factor diet include working out five days per week for 25 minutes per day, doing strength and cardio:
- 5 minutes of warm-ups
- 5 minutes of exercise for the lower body
- 5 minutes of exercise for the upper body
- 5 minutes of core exercises
- 5 minutes of intense cardio workout for fat burning
Something to keep in mind with this diet plan is that it actually isn’t a diet – it’s a lifestyle and that’s what brings results. There is no calorie counting with this and there are even cheat days allowed. It’s all about finding balance and being consistent with portions and food choices.
The 5-Factor Diet plan: Sample Menu for Katy Perry
Here is a sample menu of the 5 Factor Diet that Katy Perry is said to follow. Remember that the 5 Factor Diet is all about fives, and that includes five meals per day:
- Meal 1: Apple cinnamon oatmeal frittata
- Meal 2: Cottage cheese with apples
- Meal 3: Curried chicken salad
- Meal 4: Veggie salami, non-fat cheese and brown rice cake
- Lemon flavored salmon with quinoa
Harley Pasternak’s 5 Factor Diet Plan: Pros and Cons
As with most diets, there are pros and cons:
- It is a lifestyle change; meaning that although it may not give you overnight results, you will begin to feel much better over time with increased energy levels and overall well being
- All the principles in the plan are straightforward and easy to follow and most people like uncomplicated!
- The five food groups are easy to pick at the grocery store (protein, fiber, carbohydrates, good fat and sugar free beverages)
- No calorie counting
- Cheat days
- No packaged foods or meals
- No in-person meetings ; just pay for your groceries
- Vegans and vegetarians can make substitutions easily
- Helps to treat and prevent many conditions such as heart disease, high blood pressure and diabetes and the plan can be modified appropriately if you have these issues
- Because it is a low GI (glycemic index) diet, it may be helpful for lowering cholesterol too, according to some studies
- Some feel the whole concept of the book revolving around the number five is a gimmick
- Some find that counting calories helps them better manage their meals and this book does not require that
- It’s not the kind of diet to follow if you are looking to bulk up or gain muscle
- You can eat anything you want on your cheat day and this might not be a good thing for some people
- Exercise is 100% required (can be good or bad depending how you feel about exercise)
- Vegans and vegetarians may find substituting more challenging when it comes to protein
Katy Perry is such a shining star and anyone can follow in her footsteps for better health by trying out The Five Factor Diet by celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak! Perhaps give it a shot and see what you think.
Lowe, T., “Katy Perry’s Diet and Workouts” DietDiet website; http://www.dietdiet.com/katy-perry-exercises-diet/; last accessed July 20, 2016.
Rhonda; “Katy Perry Diet Plan and Workout Routine for Weightloss”; April 6, 2016; http://celebrityplasticsurgeryxp.com/katy-perry-diet-plan-and-workout-routine-for-weight-loss/; last accessed July 20, 2016.
“Celeb Trainer Harley Pasternak: Diets Won’t Help You Lose Weight, but This Tip Will” People magazine website; September, 9, 2015; http://greatideas.people.com/2015/09/09/diet-tips-celebrity-trainer-harley-pasternak/; last accessed July 20, 2016.
Morgan, B., “Five Factor Diet by Celebrity Trainer Harley Pasternak” Pasternak” DietDiet website; http://www.dietdiet.com/5-factor-diet-by-celebrity-trainer-harley-pasternak/; last accessed July 20, 2016.
“The Five Factor Diet” Free Dieting website; http://www.freedieting.com/5_factor_diet.htm; last accessed July 20, 2016.
Schweitzer; L., “The 5 Factor Diet” WebMD website; March, 11, 2016; http://www.webmd.com/diet/a-z/5-factor-diet; last accessed July 20, 2016.