Khloe Kardashian has always been known as the ‘bigger’ Kardashian sister. But she is putting that judgement to rest by focusing on her weight loss, diet plan, workouts and lifestyle to prove that she can accomplish healthy weight loss goals.
Khloe has struggled with her weight since the loss of her father. Being overweight at the time was hard on her self-esteem and weight is an issue she says she has always struggled with. She decided to take control of her weight and lifestyle as a result, incorporating what she believes to be healthy lifestyle changes.
This Kardashian sister says she has tried every fad diet out there, and that once she began to eat again, the pounds came piling back. That’s why Khloe is a huge believer in working out every single day, while still eating the food she loves. She doesn’t believe in depriving herself at all—more so—she thinks working really hard with cardio, Plyometrics, ab workouts and Pilates is the secret to losing weight—while still enjoying her favorite foods (even alcohol).
How Did Khloe Gain Weight in the First Place?
According to the reality TV star, when she was filming Khloe and Kourtney Take the Hamptons back in 2014, her sister Kourtney was pregnant and snacking on all kinds of treats during that time. For some reason Khloe believed that gave her permission to do the same—and that is how she gained almost 30 pounds.
That’s not all, though. Khloe’s struggle with weight has been life-long and it tends to fluctuate often. In addition, Khloe was trying to get pregnant once upon a time with ex-husband Lamar Odom, and the star shared at the time that she didn’t want to restrict herself or be on any “crazy” diet that would interfere with her trying to conceive a baby. Since the marriage didn’t work out and the star went through a highly public divorce, sources say she may have been “eating her feelings” at this time.
Khloe Kardashian Weight Loss and Diet Plan
Khloe Kardashian really took control of her body and she looks absolutely stunning! Here are some of her weight loss tips, which include a lifestyle change, workout routine, and diet plan:
- Starting the day off with a large cup of black coffee and a glass of water before her workout; Khloe then has either an egg or oatmeal for breakfast
- For lunch, a green salad loaded with vegetables is her go-to meal
- After a workout, Khloe will have a protein smoothie, and she always keeps fruit on hand as a healthy snack
- For dinner, it’s grilled chicken or fish with a vegetable and starch such as potato or rice on the side – Khloe says she doesn’t eat pasta or bread, especially at night
- As a treat, Khloe will indulge in some M&M’s, pizza or a couple of glasses of champagne. She says understanding where to draw the line and setting a limit for oneself is key
- She has worked on eliminating dairy and junk/fast food as much as possible from her diet
- She swears by drinking LOTS of water and says it’s “magical”
Khloe Kardashian Workout Plan
Khloe Kardashian is a fashion designer, business woman, TV host, author, actress and socialite, and she shares her workout plan that helps her maintain her svelte and toned figure. She trains with personal fitness trainer Gunnar Peterson who also trained celebs like Sophia Vergara and Angelina Jolie.
The following is her regimen:
- Boxing: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays
- Single-dumbbell clean and presses: Stand with feet shoulder distance apart, dumbbell in hand, doing controlled lifts first up to the chest and then overhead, doing eight to 12 reps, then repeat on other side
- A banded 4×4 walk: Place mini resistance band around ankles and keep the tension of the band while trying to take 20 to 30 steps in each direction (back, front, left and right)
- Overhead crunch to rotation: Lie on the floor with knees bent and medicine ball overhead, then keep arms straight and core tight, raising ball over knees. Lower back down to start and then repeat second rep for a total of 20 reps
- Renegade Row to Mountain Climber: Get into push up position with hands resting on top of dumbbells, feet more than hip width apart making a straight line with your body. Then tighten your core as you lift one arm up to your chest, and then slowly lower the weight. Continue this with the other side of your body until you have completed eight to 12 reps on each side. Once in the starting position again, raise your right knee toward your chest. Lower slowly and then repeat the same action with your left side, completing 20 to 30 reps on each side.
- Reverse Lunge to Press with High Knee: Hold a pair of dumbbells at shoulder height with elbows bent and palms facing forward, then step with left leg back and bend both knees so that your body goes into a lunge position. Press through your right heel to stand, raising your left knee in front of you to your hip and raising the weights above your head. Repeat this for 10-16 reps, returning slowly back to start position each time.
Healthy Secrets from Khloe Kardashian
“It’s really all about balance!” Khloe posted on her website, as she shared some fitness advice with fans. The sexy star, 32, admits that you can indulge once in a while if being healthy and fit is your lifestyle.
In other words, her fitness regimen is not a part-time thing—she works out every day so that she can indulge every so often. She admits that portion control is important and so is eating what you want in moderation.
She also says there is no excuse to not work out every day. Even if you are travelling, you can still do squats or plan exercises, and everyone has 10 minutes a day to squeeze in that time. She doesn’t ever skip a day of working out because it keeps her motivated and on the right track, and it also sets her up to experience a better mood throughout the whole day. Working out really does improve our mind and body! If traveling for the holidays, Kardashian says that packing and planning snacks ahead of time is super important. She always makes sure to bring protein powder with her, no matter where she goes, and vouches for snacks that are nutrient dense to curb cravings and binge eating.
More Lifestyle Tips by Khloe Kardashian
Some final tips and inspiration from Khloe Kardashian:
- Don’t let anything get in your way: With her book, Strong Looks Better Naked, Khloe focuses on turning negative things into positive ones and keeping strong along the way; her message is to empower others not to let negativity keep you from your accomplishments.
- Turn negatives into positives: Similar to the above message, Kardashian says she likes to make sure every day is a positive one. Even if something gets her down, she tries to look at it in a light that keeps her moving forward, not stuck in the past.
- It’s never too late to turn your life around: Being called “the fat sister” was not easy for Khloe and she used to laugh it off even though it really bothered her, until one day she decided to do something about it, instead of letting others define who she was.
- Find an outlet that can change you: Khloe’s outlet is the gym no doubt, but it wasn’t always that way. When she began noticing that exercising helped her emotionally, it began changing her life and she took it much more seriously – it became her lifestyle.
- Surround yourself with positive energy: She vouches for spending time with people who support, motivate and nurture.
Khloe Kardashian’s weight loss is truly an inspiration to anyone wanting to turn their life around through lifestyle changes, a healthy diet plan and workout routine. If you need a boost the next time you’re feeling like what you want is impossible, turn to Khloe Kardashian as an example that you can achieve those goals! Go, Khloe! We applaud you!
Heller, C., “Khloe Kardashian Says She Gained Weight, ’10 Pounds or Even More’”; E Online website; September, 5, 2014; http://www.eonline.com/news/576419/khloe-kardashian-says-she-gained-weight-10-pounds-or-even-more; last accessed July 16, 2016.
Ernst, K., “Khloe Kardashian Admits to Recent Weight Gain, While Sister Kim Insists Her Fat Jab Was Just a Joke” In Touch magazine website; January, 10, 2015; http://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/khloe-kardashian-admits-to-recent-weight-gain-while-sister-kim-insists-her-fat-jab-was-just-a-joke-49282; last accessed July 19, 2016.
“’You’re damaging the brand’: Khloe Kardashian slammed for gaining weight… by her own MOTHER” Daily Mail website; April, 22, 2011; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1379467/Khloe-Kardashian-slammed-gaining-weight–MOTHER.html; last accessed July 19, 2016.