Lauren Conrad and registered dietitian Shire Lenchewski recently shared a healthy recipe for a rainbow paleo vegan sushi.
Lenchewski is a nationally recognized nutrition expert from the Los Angeles area. Lenchewski comes from a clinical background rooted in science and academic journals.
She also enjoys cooking and making great-tasting food, and regularly contributes to 30-year-old Lauren Conrad’s site.
The following is her recipe for a rainbow paleo vegan sushi:
Paleo Vegan Sushi
- 3/4 head cauliflower (any color)
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- 4 nori sheets
- 1 bell pepper, large, thinly sliced
- 3 carrots, julienned
- 2 avocados
- 1 cup sprouts
- Bamboo sushi rolling mat
- Cut cauliflower into small pieces, and pulse in a food processor until it looks like rice. It should yield about two cups.
- Steam the cauliflower over boiling water for five minutes, and let cool.
- Transfer the cooked cauliflower to a bowl, and add the sesame oil, coconut aminos, and rice vinegar. Mix it until it’s well combined.
- Lay the nori sheet on a bamboo rolling mat, and spoon half a cup of cauliflower rice on the nori, and spread evenly like a rectangle. Make sure to leave an empty inch at one end to allow some space for the bell pepper, carrots, avocado, and sprouts.
- Place the ingredients in a row at the end of the nori where the cauliflower comes to the edge.
- Roll the sushi with the bamboo mat, beginning at the side with the most filling. When done, remove the mat, and slice the roll into bite-sized pieces with a sharp knife. Repeat until all the ingredients and cauliflower rice are used.
The combination of paleo and vegan diets is quite healthy. The paleo diet focuses on organic and grass-fed meat, poultry, fish, and lots of vegetables, and plant-based foods. That said, it doesn’t mean you need to eat meat all the time.
As Lauren Conrad’s contributor suggests, vegan meals such as her rainbow paleo vegan sushi will surely inspire new flavors and healthy ingredients you haven’t tried yet!
As for Conrad herself—the author and fashion designer is one of the most recognizable faces in reality TV. The 30-year-old is known for Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County and its spinoff series The Hills, and is the bestselling author of L.A. Candy, Sweet Little Lies, and The Fame Game.
Lenchewski, S., “Recipe Box: Rainbow Paleo Vegan Sushi,” Lauren Conrad website, June 20, 2016; https://laurenconrad.com/blog/2016/06/recipe-box-rainbow-paleo-vegan-sushi/.
“About laurenconrad.com,” Lauren Conrad website; https://laurenconrad.com/about/, last accessed June 29, 2016.