There are moments in life where things just click and everything about your life, health, and wellness begin to make sense. There are times when a book was left out of its normal spot on purpose so that you would divinely pick it up and the quote that you read positively changed your life.
Change within your diet, health, and wellness can be inspired by others; however, I’ve learned that it’s up to you to start the engine on your own life because “In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired” (author unknown).
When something is not working, search for the answers with a profound combination of inspired conversations with friends and family, good and impactful books with positive messages, and looking from within and intuitively trusting yourself for the answers that are best for you and only you.
The next time a book falls from a bookstore shelf, feel free to pick it up and read it—you may find it was exactly what you needed to hear. Paying attention to the little things in life is another way to listen to the depths of your soul and it certainly has a lot of say.
I have come across hundreds of quotes over my life throughout my research and travels within the health and wellness industry. Here are my top 10 inspiring quotes about food, health, wellness, and life.
- “Eating is no longer a private matter: it is political. You either eat to heal the planet or to destroy it.” — Michael Simon, lawyer, policy analyst and freelance writer.
- “Forcing a sick person to eat ‘to keep up his strength’ overlooks the fact that digestion uses up strength too.” — AnneMarie Colbin, author, lecturer, consultant, and founder and CEO of The Natural Gourmet Institute for Health and Culinary Arts.
- “Life is a series of thousands of tiny miracles. Notice them.” — Author Unknown.
- “You’ve been provided with a perfect body to house your soul for a few brief moments in eternity. So regardless of its size, shape, color, or any imagined infirmities, you can honor the temple that houses you by eating healthfully, exercising, listening to your body’s needs, and treating it with dignity and love.” — Dr. Wayne W. Dyer, American author.
- “Whenever you do a thing (including eating), act as if all the world were watching.” — Thomas Jefferson, the third President of the United States.
- “Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” — Hippocrates.
- “When you eat natural, whole foods you enhance the life-giving energy that knits thousands of processes into a whole person.” — Deepak Chopra, Indian-American author, holistic health/New Age guru, and alternative medicine practitioner.
- “You would not have the wisdom you now possess were it not for the setbacks you have faced, the mistakes you have made and the suffering you have endured.” — Robin Sharma, Canadian lawyer, leadership expert, and author.
- “Work like you don’t need the money. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Dance like nobody’s watching. Sing like nobody’s listening. Live like it’s heaven on earth.” — Mark Twain, American author and humorist.
- “Be sober and temperate; you will be healthy. Bask in the sun; spend time in the open air. The sun and the open air are your good doctor. Let your food be simple. Never eat too much, but don’t eat too little. Take sufficient exercise. Become your own physician.” — Swami Sivananda, Hindu spiritual teacher, and a yoga and Vedanta advocate.
I’ll end with another quote that may help you let go within your wellness journey: “In the end what matters most is how well did you live, how well did you love, how well did you learn to let go.”
Let go of what isn’t serving you and eat for your body!
What’s your favorite inspiring health quote?