Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We have some delicious and healthy sandwich recipes which can easily be prepared in minutes. But do you know why have we come up with these recipes? Yes, you guessed right! It’s for National Sandwich Day 2016. Choose one and quickly prepare your healthy morning meal.
Microwave Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich
- One Bagel
- Two slices tomato
- 3/4 cup egg whites
- Cholula hot sauce
- 10-15 fresh spinach leaves
- One wedge Laughing Cow Herb and Garlic Cheese
- Two to four slices avocado
- Kosher salt
Toast the bagel. In a bowl add egg whites and spinach leaves. Season with kosher salt.
Microwave for a minute and a half and keep checking so that eggs don’t overflow.
Cover the bagel with cheese and slices of tomato. Take the egg out of the bowl and place it on the bagel and cheese. Top with avocado. Season with more salt and hot sauce if desired.
Vegan Breakfast Sandwich
- One English muffin
- Two strips tempeh bacon
- 1/4 cup scrambled tofu
- Sprinkle of Daiya cheese
- One or two leaves of butter lettuce
- Two to three slices of ripe avocado
- Roasted garlic hummus, to taste
- Two slices of tomato
- Guacamole, to taste
- Vegan mayo, to taste
Make scrambled tofu using half a block of tofu. Heat olive oil and add garlic and tofu, saute until tofu turns golden. Add nutritional yeast, cumin, and salt.
Toast the muffin. Saute the tempeh bacon according to the package instructions. Spread vegan mayo on one side of the toast. Spread some roasted garlic hummus on the other side.
On one half, add a scoop of scrambled tofu and two slices of tempeh bacon. Microwave for 15-30 seconds before adding the fresh veggies.
Add one to two slices of butter lettuce and tomato, sliced avocado, and a pinch each of salt and pepper.
Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich
- Two large hard-boiled eggs
- 1/2 a medium avocado, cut into half-inch slices
- 1/2 a teaspoon of caper brine (optional)
- 1/2 a tablespoon of finely chopped fresh chives or dill
- Two large hard-boiled egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- A pinch freshly ground pepper
- One tablespoon of light mayonnaise
- 1/2 a teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 12 thin slices cucumber
- Four slices of wild Nova salmon
- Four slices of whole grain sliced bread, toasted
Combine the egg yolks with the avocado, light mayo, mustard, brine from capers, chives, salt, and pepper. Mash together with a fork. Chop the egg whites and add to yolk. Add salt and pepper. Place the mixture on bread slices and top with cucumber.
Your healthy sandwich is ready.
Hard Roll Breakfast Sandwich
- Four tall kaiser hard rolls, hollowed
- One cup of grated cheese
- Six ounces of ham, chopped
- Four large eggs, scrambled
- One tablespoon butter, for eggs
- Two cups of baby arugula
- One small tomato, chopped
- 1/2 of a small red onion, chopped
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
Slice the hard rolls in half and hollow them to stuff with other things. Add the cheese to the bottom of your rolls and bake at 350 degrees (Fahrenheit) for three to four minutes. Then add the ham and bake it with the cheese. Put some butter in a pan and scramble the eggs over medium heat. Mix the salad and pile it in the top half of each roll. Lay the egg on the bottom half. Combine the two halves and cut the sandwich in half.
Larson, H., “Microwave Egg and Vegetable Breakfast Sandwich,” Foodie Crush web site, January 10, 2013;
“SCRAMBLED TOFU,” I Love Vegan web site;
http://www.ilovevegan.com/scrambled-tofu-a-vegan-breakfast-staple/, last accessed November 3, 2016.
“HOW TO MAKE A VEGAN BREAKFAST SANDWICH FOR LESS THAN $3,” I Love Vegan web site;
http://www.ilovevegan.com/how-to-make-a-vegan-breakfast-sandwich/, last accessed November 3, 2016.
Homolka, G., “Healthy Avocado Egg Salad and Salmon Sandwich,” Skinny Taste web site, January 5, 2015;
Evans, N., “Hollow Hard Roll Breakfast Sandie,” Macheesmo web site, June 6, 2015;