Macrobiotic Sweet Potato Salad
- 1/4 cup of arame or wakame seaweed
- 1/3 cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1 Medium sweet potato
- 4 inch piece of a large daikon radish
- 2 Large crisp apples
- 2 stalks of celery
- 1-2 tablespoon of grated ginger
- 1/4 cup of toasted sesame seeds
- 1-2 tablespoon of liquid raw honey
- 3 tablespoons of tamari
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
|Rinse and soak the seaweed in a 3/4 cup of water to soften it.
|Squeeze and set aside the lemon juice.
|Shred or grate the raw sweet potato, apple, and daikon into a large bowl using a grater or food processor. You can also create an elegant matchstick look if you have a mandolin
|Add the celery to the mix. Dice the celery or slice it into thin diagonal pieces.
|Grate the ginger, then add it to the bowl.
|Next add the sesame seeds, raw honey, tamari, extra virgin olive oil, and the seaweed (with the soaking water). It is optional to chop the seaweed.
|Mix very well and serve.