Some Chicago restaurants will be open this Christmas 2016 on Christmas Day, specifically, which is good news for those who have no desire to prepare any kind of Christmas breakfast or Christmas dinner on December 25—or don’t have a place to go to. Be sure to call ahead to both make reservations, if they take any, and to confirm that they are in fact open and what their hours are.
Below is a list of restaurants open in Chicago on Christmas day. Check out Open Table for more places and information.
- AMC Block 37 (108 N. State St., Loop): The Loop’s dine-in movie theater will offer a full menu, including burgers, salads and more on Christmas day to go along with the movies they will be showing.
- Kit Kat Lounge (3700 N. Halsted St., Boystown): If you bring in canned goods for Heartland Health Outreach, you will get half off martinis, cocktails and their Christmas menu. There is a $50 prix fixe menu that includes a holiday martini, salad, roasted turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans. For dessert, there is a pumpkin pie tart. The regular dinner menu also is available.
- Andies Restaurant (5253 N. Clark St., Andersonville): This eatery serves Mediterranean fare and will have a buffet that includes roasted turkey with all the trimmings, salmon, barbecue ribs, and vegetarian options for $25.95 per person. Children 12 years and younger can dine in for $14.95. Kids under the age of four eat for free.
- Baptiste & Bottle in the Conrad Chicago (101 E. Erie St., River North): Their full menu is available until 3 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Bernard’s in the Waldorf Astoria (11 E. Walton St., Gold Coast): This restaurant will serve a prix fixe, three-course Christmas dinner from 4-10 p.m. for $85. You get to choose your main course, including seared duck breast, loin of lamb, and roast scallop.
- Cafe Robey (2018 W. North Ave., Wicker Park): Cafe Robey will serve brunch from 10 a.m.-noon Christmas Day as well as an all-you-can-eat buffet for dinner from 6-8 p.m. for $55. Buffett includes bourbon-glazed holiday ham, roasted chicken and salmon, salad, and apricot parfait, but there is more.
- Cumin (1414 N. Milwaukee Ave., Wicker Park): Feel like Indian and Nepalese on Christmas? You’re in luck. Cumin will be open from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. and 5-10 p.m. Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. They will offer an all-you-can eat buffet plus other entree specials.
- Dolce Italian in the Godfrey Hotel (127 W. Huron St., River North): Italian dishes for Christmas? Definitely possible here. Pasta and new seafood will be on a special Christmas Day menu.
- Headquarters Beercade (213 W. Institute Place, River North): Normal hours on Christmas Day.
- Imperial Lamian (6 W. Hubbard St., River North): Imperial Lamian is a Chinese restaurant open on Christmas, serving a special holiday menu that includes honey glazed calamari. Regular menu offerings are also available.
- 312 (136 N. LaSalle St., Loop): This Italian restaurant will offer a four-course dinner for $55 per person from 5-8 p.m.
“Which Chicago Restaurants Will Be Open Christmas Day? (MAP and LIST),” dna info web site, December 21, 2016; https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20161221/downtown/christmas-day-whats-open-closed-illinois, last accessed December 22, 2016.
“Chicago Christmas Day Restaurant Reservations,” Open Table web site, December 21, 2016; http://www.opentable.com/promo.aspx?pid=6&m=3, last accessed December 22, 2016.