Even though Sofia Vergara is a Colombian beauty it didn’t stop the Modern Family star from having Italian food and her birthday—and you know for sure when she puts on a party it’s going to be a good one!
Based on the pictures posted on Sofia Vergara’s Instagram, you truly felt like you were in Italy! It wouldn’t be an Italian-style birthday without some lemons—pass the limoncello, please—and though she mainly used a lemon theme, that didn’t take away from the real focus: the food!
Italian Foods in Sofia Vergara’s Birthday Party
Although one can only wish to have been on the exclusive invite list to Vergara’s birthday, we can still dream up the delicious Italian dishes she and her guests enjoyed.
Here a list of what we think the Modern Family star served up to her guests at her lemon-themed birthday party.
- Butternut squash and smoked mozzarella pizza
- Cipollate con pancetta (bacon-wrapped scallions)
- Pappa al pomodoro (bread and tomato soup)
- Fried, stuffed Castelvetrano olives
- Caprese salad with fried capers and basil
- Pignoli (pine nut cookies)
- Fried anchovy-stuffed zucchini flowers
- Sweet sausage and broccoli rabe with cranberry beans
- Coniglio al vino rosso (rabbit braised in red wine)
- Spaghetti all’amatriciana
- Bistecca alla Fiorentina (Florentine steak)
- Orange-scented olive oil cake
- Carciofi arrostiti (roasted artichokes)
- Pesce spada alla ghiotta (swordfish with olives and capers)
- Panna cotta
- Cime di rapa fritte (slow-cooked broccoli rabe)
- Six-onion pizza
- Mushroom pizza
- Farfalle with cavolo nero pesto
- Torta salata di zucchine e cipolle (zucchini, onion, and ricotta pie)
- Clam risotto with grilled shrimp
- Soupe crasse (cheese and bread soup)
- Rucola con pecorino, pignoli, e pere (arugula, pecorino, pine nut, and pear salad)
- Ricotta and egg gnocchi with olives, capers, and tomato sauce
- Steamed grouper with fregola and Calabrian chili oil
- Gnocchi al sagrantino (gnocchi in a red wine cream sauce)
- Torta di Sant’Antonio (apple and red wine tart)
Is your mouth watering yet? Well, you can be sure whatever they enjoyed at the party was washed down with fine Italian wine.
It looks like Modern Family’s Sofia Vergara had a great birthday party, and if you’re looking to follow in her footsteps, try putting together an Italian-themed menu and bring out the lemons!
Taylor, J., “29 Italian Dishes Everyone Should Know,” Buzzfeed website; https://www.buzzfeed.com/glavs/essential-italian?utm_term=.hc4Ng5GMl#.akOQ513eX, last accessed July 15, 2016.