In some ways, Sylvester Stallone is pretty close to being a real-life Rocky Balboa—a figure of perseverance, motivation, and willpower.
At 70 years old, he’s in incredible shape and so is his wife Jennifer Flavin, 47. Both of them have shared some of their diet secrets in various online articles, and they’re simpler than you’d think—lots of protein, fruits, and vegetables, and low in carbohydrates.
Jennifer Flavin has also shared some of her personal tips to keeping youthful and healthy this summer. Here are some of them:
- Get plenty of sleep: If getting eight hours of sleep per night isn’t possible for you, at least try to take 30 minutes for yourself each day to enjoy a relaxing activity you like, such as reading, deep breathing, meditation, coloring—whatever helps you relax.
- Drink lots of water: Carry a large bottle of water with you and sip it throughout the day.
- Set up an exercise routine: Putting some of your favorite tunes on your iPod and exercising for even 20 minutes a day can get your circulatory system going and improve your bone health.
- Eat a healthy diet: A diet with plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables will keep your skin glowing and smooth.
- Always use sunscreen: Taking time to enjoy the outdoors and fresh air during summertime is key, but make sure you’re protecting your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Enjoy time with family and friends: This is the most important piece of advice. Take the time to appreciate the people in your life.
As for Sylvester Stallone, he’s a weight-training veteran of almost 40 years. He hits the gym hard six days a week, he supplements with vitamins, and he ensures that he has a rest day so that his muscles can recuperate. A six-day training schedule may not be feasible for the average person, but we can still look to him as inspiration to stay fit well into our senior years.
We can all learn a thing or two from Sylvester Stallone and Jennifer Flavin on how to maintain a stellar figure and immaculate health: exercise, and adhere to a diet rich in protein, fruits, and vegetables, and low in carbohydrates.
Davison, R., et al., “Sylvester Stallone’s Wife Jennifer Flavin, 47, Looks Incredibly Youthful in Bikini as They Continue His 70th Birthday Celebrations on Luxury Yacht in St Tropez,” Daily Mail website, July 10, 2016; http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3683439/Sylvester-Stallone-s-wife-Jennifer-Flavin-47-looks-incredibly-youthful-bikini-continue-70th-birthday-celebrations-luxury-yacht-St-Tropez.html, last accessed July 12, 2016.
“How to Look and Feel Youthful This Summer with Jennifer Flavin Stallone,” Beautiful Makeup Search website; http://www.beautifulmakeupsearch.com/beauty-blog/how-to-look-and-feel-youthful-this-summer-with-jennifer-flav.html, last accessed July 12, 2016.
“Sylvester Stallone Workout Routine and Diet Plan,” Fitness Hacker website; http://fitnesshacker.com/sylvester-stallone-workout/, last accessed July 12, 2016.