Here is another of my nutritious and delicious summer recipes for you to try for lunch. I personally like trying new salad recipes because they’re a quick and easy lunch meal.
This dish is high in lean protein, essential fats, fiber, and beta-carotene. I really like using skinless, boneless chicken breast because it is high in quality protein and low in saturated fat. This is one of the main types of protein sources I regularly consume because it is easy to cook and very versatile for making various dishes.
This salad also contains a generous portion of leafy greens, chilli which contain fiber, vitamin A, C, folate, and phytochemicals important for improved circulation and immune function. This healthy recipe also includes almonds, sesame seeds, and olive oil which contain high amounts of fiber and the omega-9 fats—so important for cholesterol reduction.
Asian Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 5 cups of Chinese cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup of minced scallion
- 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup of fresh, chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of raw honey
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped or minced
|Thinly slice the cabbage, shred the carrot and chop the scallions and cilantro.|
|Add the sliced almonds and vegetables to a large bowl.|
|In a skillet, cook the chicken strips until tender with some of the olive oil.|
|Mix together the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar and red chilli.|
|Add this to the vegetable mixture in the bowl and toss gently.|
|Place the cooked chicken on top of the salad mixture and mix gently.|
|Sprinkle the sesame seeds on the top.|