Well it’s springtime, and the weather has become much nicer. We have all been waiting so long for this! Do you like to barbeque your food? If you are like me, then you use your barbeque throughout the spring and summer.
Everyone loves a good burger, so here is one of my favorite healthy burger recipes.
Homemade Healthy Burger Recipe
- 1 lb of extra lean beef, chicken or turkey
- 1/4 cup of whole grain bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of oat bran
- 1-2 omega-3 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of dry mustard (cumin, oregano)
- A dash of fresh ground pepper
|In a bowl, combine all the ingredients.|
|Shape into separate four- or five-ounce patties and barbeque on the grill until cooked to satisfaction.|
|Top with grilled onions, fresh tomatoes, pickles, or low-fat provolone cheese.|
|Serve with a whole grain bun or alone with a green salad.|
This is a great burger recipe that is quite healthy. If you are impartial to bread, you can serve this burger with a salad or a baked potato!