Cooking in a slow cooker is extremely simple. Have you ever tried slow cooker chicken taquitos? The slow cooker has heating elements at the bottom that ensure the chicken is cooked slowly, so it turns out to be more juicy.
Slow cookers are also dishwasher safe so you don’t have to worry about cleaning up the mess after you indulge in these chicken taquitos recipes.
Chicken Taquitos Recipe
Here are two simple slow cooker chicken taquitos recipes that will give you juicy and delicious chicken taquitos.
Honey BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos Recipe
BBQ sauce ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 18 small whole grain tortillas
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes and softened
- 4 ounces grated Monterey Jack cheese
- Cooking spray
- Kosher salt
Whisk together all BBQ sauce ingredients. Put chicken in the slow cooker and pour BBQ sauce over the top. Cover and cook on low heat for three to three-and-a-half hours, or for two hours on high.
After the chicken gets cooked transfer it to a large bowl. Leave the extra sauce in the slow cooker and add cornstarch to it. Whisk until completely dissolved. Increase heat to high and cook uncovered for 10 minutes. The mixture will thicken.
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Shred the chicken and add ¾ cup of the thickened sauce from the slow cooker, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, and cilantro. Stir well.
Take a tortilla and spoon about ¼ cup of the chicken mixture onto the lower third of the tortilla and roll up tightly. With seam-side-down place the taquitos on the baking sheet.
Spray some cooking spray and sprinkle kosher salt on the taquitos. Bake for 12 to 16 minutes or until lightly golden. Serve with BBQ sauce, if desired.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- 2 uncooked chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 7 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Taco-sized flour tortillas
Put the chicken breasts in a slow cooker and add water, cream cheese cubes, and taco seasoning,
Cover and cook for six to eight hours on low, or for four to six hours on high. Then shred the chicken and add cheddar cheese and stir.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Spoon the shredded chicken into the center of the flour tortillas and roll tightly. Spray with cooking spray and bake in preheated oven for eight to 12 minutes, or until crisp.
Best Slow Cookers on Amazon
You can find these trending appliances on Amazon for a great price.
1. Proctor-Silex 33043 4-Quart Slow Cooker
Slow cooker features:
- Removable stoneware for easy cleaning
- Dishwasher safe stoneware
- Keep warm setting
- 4-quart capacity
- Dishwasher safe glass lid
2. Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker With Temperature Probe, 6-Quart (33969A)
Slow cooker features:
- Reduce messy spills with clip-tight gasket lid
- Thermometer probe displays the actual temperature of meat as it cooks
- Full-grip handles make carrying heavy meals easier
- Three choices for easy, automatic cooking: probe, program, and manual
- Perfect for a six-pound chicken or a four-pound roast
We hope you love the products we recommend! Just so you know, FoodsForBetterHealth may collect a small share of sales from the links on this page.
“HONEY BBQ SLOW COOKER CHICKEN TAQUITOS,” Kristine’s Kitchen Blog web site, May 17, 2016; http://kristineskitchenblog.com/honey-bbq-slow-cooker-chicken-taquitos/.
“Slow Cooker Chicken Taquitos,” Get In My Belly web site, January 2017; http://getinmybelly.com/slow-cooker-chicken-taquitos/.