Elena Duggan rose to fame after she emerged as the MasterChef Australia Season 8 Winner. She recently posted a tempting picture of sticky date pudding on her Instagram. Last month, she traveled to India where she presented few dishes and had a delightful cooking experience of using Siemens appliances. Read on to know what is Elena Duggan doing now in her wiki.
Elena Duggan’s Wiki
- Duggan was born in Cooroy, Queensland.
- Before being on MasterChef, she was a school teacher. She taught at the Galston High School in Sydney.
- She has completed her Bachelor of Fine Arts from the University of NSW.
- She completed her post graduation in teaching from the University of Sydney.
- Back in 2015, she had applied to MasterChef but was not selected. In 2016, she got through the MasterChef auditions to be on the show. The fish and chips she made helped her win the auditions.
- Her is now rngaged to her boyfriend, Eric, who is a builder. He regularly sent her letters while she was on the show. He helped her deal with the highs and lows of the competition.
- Duggan won the MasterChef title just by two points. Now, she is preparing for her web-site launch. The web-site will include all her favorite food-related topics, styles, philosophies, and ingredients.
- The MasterChef Australia 2016 winner also works with Delicious magazine. She got an opportunity to cook for the King and Queen of The Netherlands, for the Farm2Fork Summit. She believes one should do what makes them happy. Always surround yourself with people who believe in you and support you.
- Duggan would be going to California later this year where she would work with Chef Alex Lovick at Inglenook Vineyard in Napa Valley.
- She was also a guest chef on one of the episodes of MasterChef season 9.
- For those concerned about Elena Duggan’s health, let us tell you she underwent surgery for endometriosis and is recovering from it.
Masterchef Australia Season 9 Guest Judge
Duggan appeared as the guest judge on MasterChef Australia season 9. She hosted the season’s first Mystery Box challenge. Her Mystery Box included blue swimmer crab, macadamias, and lemon myrtle.
She wanted to choose a seafood which is underutilized, and so she opted for the blue swimmer crab. To give the Mystery Box an Aussie touch, she chose macadamia nuts. Another favorite ingredient which she incorporated into the Mystery box was lemon myrtle.
For the round one of the MasterChef Australia season 8 finale, Duggan dished marron in two ways, which lacked depth. This made her lag behind Sinclair by three points. In the second round, both the contestants won the same scores which made Duggan still lag behind Sinclair.
For the third round, they had to prepare Heston Blumenthal’s Verjus in Egg. Sinclair had to remake his coconut panna cotta egg white which made him run out of time.
Selfless Duggan, rushed to help Sinclair when he struggled with the liquid nitrogen step while preparing the 91-step recipe. In the end, he won seven points from all the four judges taking his score to 84. Duggan beat Sinclair by two points and won the MasterChef title.
“Matt Sinclair talks about the moment Elena Duggan helped him in the MasterChef Australia Finale and won the hearts of 2.5m fans,” News web site, July 28, 2016; http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/matt-sinclair-talks-about-the-moment-elena-duggan-helped-him-in-the-masterchef-australia-finale-and-won-the-hearts-of-25m-fans/news-story/7f7ae19b43e48bfead9d45382be0ac12
“Elena Duggan,” Wikipedia web site;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elena_Duggan, last accessed July 07, 2017.
“The Return Of Reigning MasterChef Elena Duggan,” Ten Play web site, April 27, 2017; https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/masterchef/show-news/the-return-of-reigning-masterchef-elena-duggan
Cronin, S., “Find out what our MasterChefs have been up to,” Sunshine Coast Daily web site, April 27, 2017;