Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and has to be exciting, too. If you’re bored of consuming the same old breakfast snacks every week, then here are a few healthy breakfast recipes you can try.
These recipes require simple ingredients and can be prepared in minutes. Plus, you can also have these healthy snacks when you are craving for some munchies.
1. Berry Yogurt Smoothie
This gluten-free smoothie is packed with proteins, fiber, and vitamins and can keep you full for a longer duration.
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- ¾ cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 whole banana
- 5.3 ounce package plain Greek yogurt
Blend all the ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds. Stir and blend for 30 more seconds.
Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving.
Recipe Credit: http://chefsavvy.com/healthy-berry-yogurt-smoothie/
2. Cheesy Oatmeal & Fried Egg
- 1/4 cup dry quick-cooking steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons (15 g) shredded white cheddar cheese (add more if you like)
- 1/4 cup diced red peppers
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp coconut oil, divided
Add oats and water to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave at a high setting for a minute. Again, microwave for a minute with a one-minute interval for a total of two minutes. Stir between the intervals. Then, stir in shredded cheese, a small pinch of salt, and pepper.
Heat a non-stick pan and add 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil. Add veggies and cook until they soften. Spoon the veggies over the cooked oats and cook on a medium heat.
Add 1/2 teaspoon of oil to a pan and fry an egg until it’s no longer translucent. Serve over the oatmeal and top with walnuts and onions.
3. Quinoa Fruit Salad with Honey & Lime
This healthy recipe includes quinoa and fruits and is full of fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa (I used tricolor)
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil for garnish
- 1½ cup strawberries, sliced
- Honey Lime Glaze:
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
Prepare the quinoa as per the package instructions. Cool it to room temperature after it’s cooked.
In a large bowl, combine quinoa with fruits like strawberries, blueberries, and mango.
For the glaze: In a small bowl, mix honey and lime juice. Drizzle the glaze over the fruit salad and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh basil.
4. Quinoa and Chia Porridge
- 3/4 cups quinoa
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons sweetener of choice (raw honey, maple syrup)
- A pinch sea salt
- 1 vanilla pod
- A pinch ground cinnamon
- A handful of currants (or raisins)
- 1 tablespoons coconut butter (optional)
- 3 green cardamom pods
- 3 slices of fresh turmeric (or 1/2 tsp ground turmeric)
- 1/3 fresh peach, roughly sliced/chopped
- 1/3 fresh nectarine, roughly sliced/chopped
- Toppings: Remaining fresh peach and fresh nectarine, plus fresh figs, coconut flakes, almonds, fresh thyme
Combine the porridge ingredients in a pot and heat over medium heat until it boils. Reduce the heat and cook covered, stirring occasionally.
After it’s cooked, top it with fresh fruits and almonds.
5. Avocado Toast with Fried Egg
- 2 eggs (fried sunny side up)
- 2 slices of bread (toasted)
- 1 small avocado
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- sea salt and black pepper
- parsley (optional for topping)
Peel and mash the avocado. Add lime juice, salt, and pepper as per taste.
Spread the mixture evenly on each slice of toast, and then top each with a fried egg. Season with salt and pepper. Avocado toast is ready to serve.
Recipe Credit: http://simplegreenmoms.com/skinny-fried-egg-avocado-toast/
6. Warm Fruit Bowl
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup raspberries (or use strawberries)
- 1 cup large figs
- 1 ounce dark chocolate, shaved
- ¼ cup dried mulberries
- 1 teaspoon bee pollen, optional
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup Silk Cashewmilk, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Pour the fruits on top of a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Add cinnamon and pinch of sea salt and combine well. Bake for 20 minutes or until the fruits release the sugars.
Remove from the oven and garnish with chocolate shavings. Serve in small bowl and pour milk on top as required.
Recipe Credit: http://nutritionstripped.com/warm-fruit-bowl-cashewmilk/
7. Egg Muffins
- Cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked chopped spinach, excess water removed
- 1/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Spray muffin tins with cooking spray or line with paper liners.
In a large bowl, crack the eggs and blend for a minute. Add spinach, bacon, and cheese to the mixture and stir. Pour the mixture into the muffin cups and bake for 15-18 minutes or until eggs are set.
Serve hot or refrigerate until ready to eat.
Recipe Credit: http://www.dinneratthezoo.com/breakfast-egg-muffins/
“HEALTHY BERRY YOGURT SMOOTHIE,” Chef Savvy web site, DECEMBER 26, 2014; http://chefsavvy.com/healthy-berry-yogurt-smoothie/
Lisa, “SAVORY OATMEAL WITH CHEDDAR AND FRIED EGG,” Healthy Nibbles And Bits web site, Jan 11, 2016; http://healthynibblesandbits.com/savory-oatmeal-cheddar-and-fried-egg/.